Re: What's wrong with this SQL?

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:02:52 +0100

ohaya wrote:

>>I greatly dislike in-line constraint creation which is what you are
>>doing and would suggest you just build the table and then use ALTER
>>TABLE to create your primary key and other constraints. There is no
>>need to be building an index that already exists.
>>
>>For one thing your primary key should probably bet PCTFREE 0 so as
>>not to read mostly vacuum.

> Daniel,
>
> As I tried to indicate (possibly not clearly), this isn't a script that
> I wrote. It came from a vendor, and it needs to be run to populate our
> Oracle database serve in order to get their application working.
>
> In speaking with their technical support, they're telling me that
> they're not aware that any of their other customers have had problem
> with running the script, so it seems unless I can convince them that
> there is a problem, or unless I can find out how to fix it, I'm kind of
> stuck :(...
>
> I'm not sure if I posted enough of the script, but if I did,
> specifically what would you suggest to eliminate the ORA-01408 error?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Jim

baer_at_casp003:~> oerr ora 1408
01408, 00000, "such column list already indexed" // *Cause:
// *Action:

Get rid of the create index statement. Could it be that you're using a different version than the vendor intended? Check with your vendor if they tested their script with the version you're using.

HTH
Holger Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 02:02:52 CST