Re: What's wrong with this SQL?

From: ohaya <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:26:11 -0500

> I greatly dislike in-line constraint creation which is what you are
> doing and would suggest you just build the table and then use ALTER
> TABLE to create your primary key and other constraints. There is no
> need to be building an index that already exists.
>
> For one thing your primary key should probably bet PCTFREE 0 so as
> not to read mostly vacuum.

Daniel,

As I tried to indicate (possibly not clearly), this isn't a script that I wrote. It came from a vendor, and it needs to be run to populate our Oracle database serve in order to get their application working.

In speaking with their technical support, they're telling me that they're not aware that any of their other customers have had problem with running the script, so it seems unless I can convince them that there is a problem, or unless I can find out how to fix it, I'm kind of stuck :(...

I'm not sure if I posted enough of the script, but if I did, specifically what would you suggest to eliminate the ORA-01408 error?

Thanks...

Jim Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 01:26:11 CST