Re: Rename 10g machine

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:58:09 +0800

Dirk Gaudian wrote:

> Holger Baer wrote:
> > Dirk Gaudian wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all!
> >>
> >> After renaming a Windows 2003 machine that a 10g server is running on
> >> (new PC-Name, new IP-address), I can't access it via it's web page on
> >> nor with any client (yes, the client's tnsnames.ora was updated). Any
> >> idea?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Dirk
> >

> > Renaming after the fact isn't a very good idea as you have learnt by now.
> >
> > What is the web page you're talking about? isqlplus, Enterprise Manager?
> >
> > Have you looked into listener.ora? The listener might still be listening to
> > the old address (without success of course). This would explain why the
> > clients can' connect anymore.
> >
> > HTH
> > Holger
>
> Well, it's the same thing as with the virtual server (my earlier post)
> stripped down the the main problem. And I can't find a listener.ora
> (that's what we always change after cloning the virtual Windows server
> with Oracle 9i on - might have left that out in my earlier posting) on
> oracle 10g - the whole directory layout has changed.
>
> And it's both isqlplus and Enterprise Manager that don't respond: The
> first simply does not react, the later prompts me with a "You are not
> authenticated to view this page" error message because the web server
> and it's wonderful servlets cannot access the Oracle 10g service either.
>
> Thanks for the help so far,
> Dirk

You could start with searching all text files under $ORACLE_HOME for the hostname and altering that.

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"