Oracle database upgrade assistant hanging on splash screen

From: Michael <mikeeria_at_interia.pl>
Date: 13 Jan 2005 11:25:38 -0800

Operating System     HP-UX
Binaries             Oracle 9.2.0.5

Database to upgrade 8.1.7.4

Hye,

 I used the assistant a couple of times and all went smooth until yesterday. It hangs on the splash screen for hours. No error message, no nothing, just hangs.

I am wondering if java is the kid to blame

$ which java

/opt/java1.2/jre/bin/java
$ whereis java

java: /opt/java1.3/bin/java /opt/java1.4/bin/java

Any tips what to look at or what log files to look at or how to bypass this problem.

TIA
Michal Received on Thu Jan 13 2005 - 13:25:38 CST