Re: Rename 10g machine

From: Dirk Gaudian <dirk_at_gaudian.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:44:03 +0100

Holger Baer wrote:
> Dirk Gaudian wrote:
>

>> Hi all!
>>
>> After renaming a Windows 2003 machine that a 10g server is running on
>> (new PC-Name, new IP-address), I can't access it via it's web page on
>> nor with any client (yes, the client's tnsnames.ora was updated). Any
>> idea?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Dirk

> Renaming after the fact isn't a very good idea as you have learnt by now.
>
> What is the web page you're talking about? isqlplus, Enterprise Manager?
>
> Have you looked into listener.ora? The listener might still be listening to
> the old address (without success of course). This would explain why the
> clients can' connect anymore.
>
> HTH
> Holger

Well, it's the same thing as with the virtual server (my earlier post) stripped down the the main problem. And I can't find a listener.ora (that's what we always change after cloning the virtual Windows server with Oracle 9i on - might have left that out in my earlier posting) on oracle 10g - the whole directory layout has changed.

And it's both isqlplus and Enterprise Manager that don't respond: The first simply does not react, the later prompts me with a "You are not authenticated to view this page" error message because the web server and it's wonderful servlets cannot access the Oracle 10g service either.

Thanks for the help so far,

   Dirk Received on Thu Jan 13 2005 - 12:44:03 CST