Oracle Client & ORA-12535

From: HARI OM <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2005 09:27:17 -0800

Hello,
I have installed Oracle Client on my Windows XP. My Oracle Server is IBM AIX box.

When I try to log in to SQL from my Oracle Client I get ORA-12535: Operation Timed Out... wonder why?

I was doing a research on my CLient Installation and found there was only TNSNAMES.ORA File and there was NO Listener.ORA file.... I guess we DO NOT NEED any Listener files on Client machine.... If so then how would the Oracle know where is my Oracle Server....? THANKS! HARI OM Received on Thu Jan 13 2005 - 11:27:17 CST