DBlink problem

From: Alberto <albert_dabrowski_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 12 Jan 2005 13:21:25 -0800

Hi,
I wanted to create dblink (Oracle 8i) to resolve problem with connecting to the remote database without configuring tnsnames.ora, but it seems that I cannot do this.
Is there any solution that I can connect to the remote database from local db or by using sqlplus without configuring tnsnames.ora?

I have tried:
create database link test_link connect to current_user using 'T:<remote_ip_address>:<remote_service_name>'; but it does not work.

Thanks in advance,
Albert Received on Wed Jan 12 2005 - 15:21:25 CST