Re: Do columns with Null data take up space?

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel_at_nospam_yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:26:55 +0100

Hi from Paris

wrong.... whenever a varchar2 column is null, only 1 byte is stored -> 0 and if all following columns are varchar2 and null too , then no more informations will be stored, meaning that they are all with no datas....

so the, the trick is to put any possibly null column at the end of a table in order to gain space...