Re: O/S upgrade. Do I have to relink ?

From: JAW <jwilliam_at_aglresources.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2005 09:22:08 -0800

Most Oracle modules in $ORACLE_HOME/lib on Solaris have the .so suffix which is shared object. Usually compiled with -g from cc to create the object that can be dyamically loaded.

The last few upgrades on Solaris 2.8 I have patched the OS and did not do a "relink all" and everything was well. The Oracle doc encourages you to relink. Received on Wed Jan 12 2005 - 11:22:08 CST