Re: Is this some kind of cluster?

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2005 09:04:25 -0800

Well, Mark, I have no access to the hardware, hence all the head scratching. I lack complete DBA privileges, so I can not do a thorough database level check either. I thought it would be nice to be able to judge from all these information and figure out exactly what it is that I am dealing with.

When I telnet to "both servers" and compare the file systems, I thought I saw tiny differences in some of the disk space usage. It turned out, I believe, to be the results of swap space fluctuating dynamically.

The thought of 'failover' configuration crossed my mind too. I set up failover before. As I recall, 2 nodes share the same disk array, so from both nodes one can see the same files residing on the same disk array. Though each node owns its own set of system files.

I am pretty sure it is just one box. Still I am not sure why there are 2 IPs and 2 hostnames assigned to it.

John