Re: Opinion of a backup and recovery strategy.

From: g3000 <carlton_gregory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2005 18:08:25 -0800

Not talking about restoring transactions.

Just to a distinct point in time.

you noted that I could backup by tablespace. But in my post I said that having another instance ( which is what I would need for a clone db ) was not an option on the server.

Using transportable is not an option because the tablespace set is not intended to be loaded several times, only once.

thanks for your reply Received on Tue Jan 11 2005 - 20:08:25 CST