Re: Is this some kind of cluster?

From: John <jbradshaw777_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2005 10:01:01 -0800

Thanks all!
I think it is not a cluster at all. I think there is just one UNIX box with 2 host name and 2 IPs assigned to it. Are there any reasons for doing this? I created a test file on one server. I immediately saw the same file on the other server.

I've probably got a lot more to learn about UNIX (SUN Solaris, to be specific). The questions now then are
1. Why 2 IPs to a single host?
2. Why was I not able to connect when using one of the host name in the TNS alias?

Just curious.

John