Re: ORACLE Session Trace.

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2005 07:19:18 -0800

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/msg/b44fcbcef5a55323
> > The number 604 is arbitrarily chosen. The difference between
> SQL-trace
> > (10046) and others such as errorstack is that in the latter case,
the
> > trace file is not immediately created. Therefore oradebug
> > tracefile_name still does not show a filename in udump, but
oradebug
> > dump events 1 creates a trace file.
>
> It may not be so perfect if Dexter is running on Windows. I have just
> checked (because it is a long time since I ran oradebug) and it
appears
> that the trace doesn't get created on windows until the relevant
> session ends.

I often do oradebug on Windows. There're two anomalies compared to UNIX/Linux. Always use setorapid (v$process.pid), because setospid may not work. Always do something on the debugged session, or the debugging session hangs. This "something" can be as trivial as "desc sometable", but not "set pagesize 100" which is 100% client side (DESCRIBE actually connects to the server.) Exiting the session is an overkill. Yong Huang
yong321ATyahoo.com Received on Tue Jan 11 2005 - 09:19:18 CST