Re: Import external data file

From: Antoine <google_at_thinking-days.net>
Date: 11 Jan 2005 00:43:13 -0800

Actually, the script is rebuilding indexes, backing up tables/deletes old ones/rename the new ones with the old names and so one (recompile objects....)
when these objects are fragmented, and squeezing tablespaces a little bit when it is possible.

We are trying to do this because the Oracle databases from 8.0.5 to 9) are installed on small hard drives (actually, old big drives) using RAID 5
and what we want to do is to save 1 giga.

These databases are installed on different places, and we want to avoid to call someone to change the disks.

Regards

Antoine Tissier