Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2005 09:20:09 -0800

Jane Wang via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> Thanks for the previous posting. Unfortunately, I still had the same
error after I tried your suggestions.

> Here was what I got after running lsnrctl services:
>
> LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on
10-JAN-2005 11:13:
> 45
>
> (c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC0)))
> Services Summary...
> DEVTEST has 1 service handler(s)
> DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
> LOCAL SERVER
> PLSExtProc has 1 service handler(s)
> DEDICATED SERVER established:0 refused:0
> LOCAL SERVER
> The command completed successfully
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jane
>
> --

Login from sqlplus and type,
SQL> show parameter db_domain
Note the value of this parameter. Modify your tnsnames.ora file and add this value to
(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = DEVTEST."add above value without quotes"))
Most likely the value is the same as set in your sqlnet.ora file's default_domain parameter.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 11:20:09 CST