Re: Guide to Oracle tips

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:44:52 -0600

On 9 Jan 2005 21:53:08 -0800, ykutanoor2003_at_yahoo.com (YKUT) wrote:

>Hi,
>I executed some SQL scripts in SQL server.
>I am new to Oracle and am intersted in getting more knowledge reg
>Oracle.
>Can somebody help me in giving me a superb link to beginners of
>learning Oracle,the primary focus being cursors,SPs,triggers.
>Regards
>KP

  1. Forget everything you learned about databases from SQL Server
  2. Obtain a copy of "Optimizing Oracle Performance" by Cary Milsap. Burn the first three chapters into your brain (see step 1, above.)
  3. Go to tahiti.oracle.com, where you will find the entire documentation set in both html and pdf. Read the Concepts Manual. Thanks.
    • Ed Stevens

Cohn's Law: The more time you spend in reporting on what you are doing, the less time you have to do anything. Stability is achieved when you spend all your time doing nothing but reporting on the nothing you are doing. Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 07:44:52 CST