Re: sysusers deleted

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2005 10:35:06 -0800

Florian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I accidentally deleted the SYSTEM.SYSUSERS table, I was clicking to
> delete a TEST table but I was too quick !!
>
> It's only a test server used for development, but reinstalling would
> still be quite a pain.
>
> So far everything is still working (login etc.), so I'm not sure what

> bad I did - but I figured that table has to be good for something?
>
> Can somebody tell me how to recreate that table? Or can I ignore that

> table and just keep on working?
>

> Thanks.

What is your Oracle version. I don't see this object in 8i, 9i or 10g. Maybe it's something home grown by SYSTEM user.

This is from 10g
SQL> select object_name from all_objects 2 where upper(object_name) like '%SYSUSER%';

OBJECT_NAME

This is from 9i
SQL> select object_name from all_objects 2 where upper(object_name) like '%SYSUSER%';

OBJECT_NAME

This is from 8i
SQL> select object_name from all_objects 2 where upper(object_name) like '%SYSUSER%';

OBJECT_NAME

SQL> Do you take backups? Maybe next time you would pay attention while deleting stuff as sys or system.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Fri Jan 07 2005 - 12:35:06 CST