DBCA took about 6 hours to create DB on HP-UX !

From: Network freak <reza.bolandi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2005 07:24:50 -0800

Hi Guys,

I Want to install Oracle 10g on 2 HP 9000 box. I started by reding the oracle documents. Everything installed well. but when i was executing dbca to creating database everythig started.For creating ASM Partition (2*12G) it took about 1 hour to complete. After that to create database it took about 5 hours to complete.
I have a same problem when i was to import data to database when i create datafile.
when i was installing Oracle 10g database it warned that i missed "Jun03GQPK11i_AUX_Patch(B.03.10.29)" software. What is that software? it seems that is something like quality package. but i installed HP-UX 11i June 2004 and GOLDQPK11i jun 2004 and every patches that oracle said in Oracle RAC document. CPU Idle time is about 100% in both boxes. Is this problem related to JAVA?Is it necessary to install JAVA patches too?

Please advice. Received on Fri Jan 07 2005 - 09:24:50 CST