Re: stored outlines ...

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 07:53:33 -0500

With Oracle 9204 cursor_sharing = force and stored outlines dont work together. We are moving from RBO to CBO and we want to preserve the execution plans for some views. Some of the queries using this view is not using bind variables.
How do i store outlines for SQLs executed from Oracle Forms , Java Code and in PL/SQL Packages.Can i just turn on alter session for the sessions running these SQLs and gather outlines? Is that the correct way to do ?