Tracing All DML Errors in Oracle 9i

From: <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2005 19:59:50 -0800

Hello,

Our Oracle 9i (On AIX) database is accessed through Websphere v5. The logs
from Webpshere indicate a bunch of Oracle errors, mainly in insert statements (Which generally work when used with OEM or Toad). However, the
Oracle error number is not mentioned in the Websphere logs; There is a generic 'DataBase Error' type of meesage. The Oracle alert log and trace
files give no indication of any errors.

Is there a way in which I can get Oracle to output each of the errors from DML statements; I do not need extensive logs, just a statement such
as Jan. 6, 2005, 1PM, ORA-0001 Unique Constraint Violated, User Y, 'INSERT INTO xxx Values zzzz', etc..

I do not think that a statement such as setting event='1401 trace name errorstack, level 4' (1401 is an example) will help, as I do not know the exact Oracle error numbers. Thanks,
DF Received on Thu Jan 06 2005 - 21:59:50 CST