Micro Focus Server Express 4 and Oracle 10g

From: BThomas <biju.thomas_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2005 17:36:27 -0800

Happy New Year!

Have a question on the certification and deployment of Cobol Compiler and Oracle 10g. We have an in-house supported application which is heavily batch oriented currently using an older version of MF Cobol with Oracle 8.1.7. We are planning on upgrading this database to Oracle 10g this year and also for reasons specific to the application (2GB file size limit, etc) needing to upgrade the Cobol Compiler also. Since we are upgrading the COBOL compiler, were wanting to go to the highest certified version with the database.

Questions:
1. Is anyone using Micro Focus Server Express 4 with Oracle database? What version of Oracle?
2. What version of Server Express COBOL compilers are you using with Oracle 10g database (if any)?
3. What issues, tweaks need to be aware of when upgrading the database to Oracle 10g, specific to pre-compilers. 4. Are you using rtsora with Oracle 10g?

I opened a TAR and did not get a satisfactory reply. The reply was Server Express 2.2 is certified against Oracle 10.1.0, so any direct upgrade would by certifiable. Also to see NOTE.43208.1 Thank you for your time...

Best regards,
Biju Received on Thu Jan 06 2005 - 19:36:27 CST