Re: Forms client on 9i

From: Carlos Correia <cepcorreia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2005 00:51:18 -0800

To the best of my knowledge ... Oracle 9i produces forms to be deployed over the web using JInitiator inside a web browser. This is why we didn't go this route initially.

What we did was basically continue development in oracle forms 6i and used the 9i client.

You need to install oracle forms6i then the 9i client into 2 different oracle homes

OraDev -> Forms6i
Ora90 -> oracle Home
You then set the environment variable TNS_ADMIN to Ora90\NETWORK\Admin which should contain your tnsnames.ora

Once this is done the IFrun60.exe will exist in oradev folder you should then be able to happily execute your Forms6i forms using oracle 9i backend

Regards,
Carlos Correia Received on Thu Jan 06 2005 - 02:51:18 CST