Re: How to get an ERD from an existing database?

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:08:57 -0500

"webguy" <web-guy01XXSPAMXX_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:o-2dnQ6IBYF0ZkbcRVn-vg_at_comcast.com...
> Hi,
>
> I need to generate an ERD from an existing 7.3.4 database. Are there
> any tools out there that will create one for me? Preferably open
> source, or inexpensive.
>
> The db is on a Solaris 8 server if that makes any difference.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

You can't get an ERD from any database. An ERD is a conceptual model describing relationships among the data. Generally, this does not map 1:1 to an ER Schema. IOW, the tables do not match 1:1 what belongs in an ERD, unless the entire database is many-to-many. Received on Wed Jan 05 2005 - 13:08:57 CST