Re: Moving schema from DB2 to Oracle9i

From: Dmitry Tolpeko <support_at_ispirer.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:59:18 +0200

Hi,

First try Oracle Migration Workbench, it's a free tool.

Manual conversion is a complex task, since you need to convert data types, date/time conversion, constraints, resolve possible reserved word and identifier conflicts, create various control files. If you have LOBs, it will not be easy to create SQL Loader scripts.

If OMWB has any issues, try commercial products - usually they cover more issues and fully automate the schema and data conversion.

Best regards, Dmitry Tolpeko
SQLWays - Data, Schema, Procedures conversion between Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, MySQL
www.ispirer.com