Re: 9i RAC with EMC storage

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 5 Jan 2005 00:41:14 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> Were that this was true. I have personally had problems with EMC due
> their lack of actual support of RAC and incompatibilities.
>
> Good company, good hardware, but their RAC support is still
problematic.

Can you more elaborate on this? I have here despite others also combination of AIX 5.2, HACMP, RAC ORA 9.2.0.5 (across two nodes) + EMC Symmetrix(PowerPath). We had problems with Oracle, AIX, combination of both, but as far as I know there were no problems with EMC Symmetrix because of its "problematic" RAC support. However, we're using raw devices, so the only thing that we need from our storage is to provide concurrent access to stored data from both nodes. Used PowerPath drivers can do this with almost not problems. Maybe in the case of using Clustered Filesystem is the situation different. Would be nice to know about problems of others to be prepared for the worst. :-)

--
Dusan