Moving schema from DB2 to Oracle9i

From: Harry Boswell <Harry_Boswell_at_@deq.state.ms.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:50:08 -0600

I've got to move the database portion of an application from DB2 to Oracle9i. I know essentially nothing about DB2; the agency hosting the DB2 database knows nothing about Oracle. There is a contractor I can go to for information, but I need to minimize the amount of time I use with them. For the first cut, I simply need to take the DB2 schema and recreate it in an Oracle schema, and bring the existing data over. It isn't an emormous amount of data - probably less than 1 GB. Can I create a dblink to the DB2 database and move objects that way? Would I have to use heteregenous services to accomplish that? What about third-party tools for this? And are there objects within the DB2 world that either don't have a corresponding object type in Oracle, or don't exactly correspond?

Thanks,
Harry Boswell Received on Tue Jan 04 2005 - 15:50:08 CST