Re: Following code works on one database but not another

From: <mark.fergel_at_bankofamerica.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2005 09:45:06 -0800

I ran nls_session_parameters on both databases and they came back with the exact same info:

PARAMETER                      VALUE
------------------------------ ----------------------------------------
NLS_LANGUAGE                   AMERICAN
NLS_TERRITORY                  AMERICA
NLS_CURRENCY                   $
NLS_ISO_CURRENCY               AMERICA
NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS         .,
NLS_CALENDAR                   GREGORIAN
NLS_DATE_FORMAT                DD-MON-RR
NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE              AMERICAN
NLS_SORT                       BINARY
NLS_TIME_FORMAT                HH.MI.SSXFF AM
NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT           DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM
NLS_TIME_TZ_FORMAT             HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR
NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT        DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR
NLS_DUAL_CURRENCY              $
NLS_COMP                       BINARY
NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS           BYTE
NLS_NCHAR_CONV_EXCP            FALSE

My biggest reason for having the to_char on the date is that the package is based on the packages created by the adminstrative group. While I'm not positive, I believe it is being done because the package is used in the creation of a crystal report and then accessed (with parameters passed) via an ASP page.

My issue with it not working is that when I try and create a crystal report against the package, it works fine in development but production is throwing me an empty rowset error and not bring in the tables. I've verified that there data exists for the values I am trying to pass by hard coding in the dates. What doesn't work is that even though I've hard coded the dates, etc., if I try to write the report against that (which I know has records), it still comes back with the empty rowset error. Received on Tue Jan 04 2005 - 11:45:06 CST