Re: Lost oracle passwords on 9i database on windows xp

From: Noel <tomekb_at_s_o_f_t_m_a_n.pl>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:24:07 +0100

Dnia 1/4/2005 2:54 PM, Użytkownik championsleeper napisał:

> Hi,
> I've got a 9i database on windows xp that's not been used for a while.
> I've lost the passwords and would like to regain access. I know how to
> do this through UNIX with the authentication there. I can't seem to
> find a way to do similar on Windows and would appreciate some
> pointers.

Have you tried standard passwords for SYS/SYSTEM users? SYS would be 'change_on_install' and SYSTEM should be 'manager'. If you success you can change any user password with alter user command. If you lost both sys/system passwords there is a way to recreate password file from a command line.
The program was called 'ORAPWD.EXE' and i'm not sure if it still exists under 9i database.

--
Noel