Re: Oracle on Windows Server Vs Xp-Pro

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2005 04:20:37 -0800

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> > I was afraid this would happen... I declare the end of my
participation
> > in the thread, but I can't resist a bit of Carlill v The Carbolic
Smoke
> > Ball Company legal banter....
>
> Eh? Care to explain the Carlill v ... bit?

UK Contract Law precedent.
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/law/hamlyn/carlill.htm early case about what constitutes a contract - at least in the UK.

> > It'll be Donaghue and Stevenson with the snail in the ginger beer
bottle
> > next...

Again UK case law precedent.
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/law/hamlyn/donoghue.htm

You'll be relieved to know that I can't find the case of the exploding coffin, and my law course was too long ago for me to recall its name Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com Received on Tue Jan 04 2005 - 06:20:37 CST