Re: Index compression vs. table compression

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:43:44 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message
>

>>DA Morgan wrote:
>>

>>>If you'll write another book, with material such as the above, I promise
>>>to purchase a minimum of 50 copies in the first year.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>
>>Woof. You remind me of a lapdog.
>>
>>What 'material'? And did anything Jonathan write actually make a
>>substantive difference to the recommendations being made?

> Not perhaps to the CACHE/NOCACHE vs KEEP/RECYCLE discussion that you were
> having with Rick, but certainly the accurate description of the aging out of
> blocks from Oracle's caches is worth a public surfacing from time to time as
> so many seem to believe that Oracle uses a straightforward MRU (or possibly
> LRU) mechanism.

Howard wasn't asking a serious question ... note the insult and the condescending attitude. He was just looking for a fight and he'd rather pick it with me than with Mr. Lewis. It should it obvious by now that when the bell rings this dog doesn't salivate. Even an old dog can learn a new trick.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington