Re: Following code works on one database but not another

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:50:25 +0100

On 3 Jan 2005 12:43:36 -0800, mark.fergel_at_bankofamerica.com wrote:

>If I replace the date variable with a hardcoded date, it
>works fine. Something in the I_STDT is causing a problem. Is there a
>problem with my code is there a possible difference in the databases?

Sorry to say so, but your post is very imprecise. What does 'doesn't work' exactly mean?
Why is the formal parameter i_stdt a varchar2 instead of a date? (What it should have been in the first place).

One obvious source for problems is your actual parameter (when you call the procedure) is a varchar2 too, and isn't in the same format as the 'MM/DD/YYYY' format you seem to expect. Did you assure the nls_date_format setting (and/or the nls_territory setting) for both databases is the same? please run select * from nls_session_parameters on both databases and compare the results.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA