Re: No virtual IP support with Oracle 9i:TAF. How Failover transparent?

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:00:44 GMT

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 09:11:25 -0800, qazmlp wrote:

> As I understand, Virtual IP is supported only from Oracle 10g version
> of TAF.
> In that case, I am just wondering, how failover was so transparent(in
> a Cluster environment) with Oracle 9i version of TAF? Could anybody
> shed light on this?

If I understand it right, Virtual IP is something happening at the server.

TAF, on the other hand, is entirely a client-side solution handled by Oracle Networking and Net8. It's also totaly independant of clustering - you can use TAF with Data Guard and plain-old replication on the server side.

lol/FGB Received on Mon Jan 03 2005 - 12:00:44 CST