Re: ORA-3113 on Toad v8

From: Bob Murphy <murphytx_at_texas.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 14:35:19 -0600

basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Toad v8 to access 8i and 9i databases. Toad runs on
> my Win2000 laptop, and the 8i and 9i databases are mainly
> on Unix, though a couple are on Win 2000.
>
> I can access the databases without any problems on Oracle
> Enterprise Manager or SQLPLUS.
>
> When I try to access the databases on Toad, I receive an
> ORA-3113 error.
>
> Other people in the company have the same version of Toad,
> but do not receive the ORA-3113 error.
>
> I tried removing and reinstalling Toad, but the error
> reappears.
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> SAP BASIS Consultant

Did you successfully connect with sqlplus from the same client machine?   If not, try connecting with sqlplus from the same client machine.

Did you have a previous version of toad installed? If so, you may want to edit your registry after removing your install before reinstall. Sometimes, an old entry will get partially stuck in the registry without showing up as installed in the control panel.

Compare your install with your coworker installs which are not having the connection problem. Make sure you can connect the same database from their machine. Are you using the same protocal? The same Oracle client? Is two task set?

Do you have a firewall on your machine or between you and the server?

Do you get the ORA-3113 before or after connecting?

Show what the latest operation sent to oracle was via a sqlnet trace. Received on Sat Jan 01 2005 - 14:35:19 CST