Re: Please help! connection in O10g

From: Iain William Wiseman <bibble_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:12:23 +1300

MIKE wrote:
> When I try to connect Oracle 10g throught Enterprise Manager, I obtain
> the message "RemoteOperationException: ERROR: wrong password for user"
> (because EM ask for host and database users) and Iīm sure all are
> correct, and I am logged on my W2003 with administrator (who installed
> the database server).
> I also have the "OracleCSService" starting, but not started, I donīt
> know if this point is important.
> Has anybody had similar problems?
> Any help will be welcome.
> Thanx.

 From Metalink,

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFOR?p_id=516849.996&p_showHeader=1&p_showHelp=1

Hi,
I installed Oracle 10g on Windows. Everything was set by default. The only change I had to do to get away from the "RemoteOperationException" error on Host Login was

  1. Select the "Administrative Tools" control panel. Then "Local Security Policy".
  2. Expand "Local Policies", select "User Rights Assignment".
  3. Finally add the User (In my case "Administrator", since I do with administrator) to "Logon as a Batch Job" local security setting.
  4. Use this username "Administrator" and password