Re: RBO to CBO

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:08:26 GMT

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pan.2004.12.31.03.40.04.384760_at_sbcglobal.net...
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:23:21 +0000, Oradba Linux wrote:
>
> > Any major/minor issues to watch out for during the conversion especially
> > with regards to sql written specifically to RBO
>
> Well, its usually handled as a project, much less frequently
> as a usenet topic. You need
> a) To learn about CBO.
> b) Run an appropriate analysis, set the right parameters
> and do QA test. There, you will isolate queries that need
> additional tuning.
> c) Tune those and repeat regression testing until satisfied.
> d) When you are sure that everything is OK, do UAT (User Acceptance
> Testing)
> e) Finally, when the big day comes, plan your steps, plan milestones
> and go/no go decisions, make sure that everybody involved knows
> what to do and whom to contact if the problem occurs.
>
> As everybody knows, every project has the following phases:
> 1. Enthusiasm
> 2. Disillusionment
> 3. Panic
> 4. Search for the Guilty
> 5. Punishment of the Innocent
> 6. Praise and Honors for the Non-Participants
>
> Project planning was invented for a reason and sometimes, things
> work better if they are properly planned. Happy New Year!
>
> --
> Bug, noun: Son of a glitch

Thanks for your time. Yes it is a project. I did not expect to move from RBO to CBO by posting a
question in the newsgroup and implement it next day. I posted this question to get a feel from DBAs who have done
this conversion and learn from the lessons learnt.

Happy New Year !!! Received on Thu Dec 30 2004 - 22:08:26 CST