Re: rdbms/filemap: No such file or directory

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 30 Dec 2004 14:47:20 -0800

Christian, on hpux there is also an error on root.sh for the 9206 patchset. I don't know but suspect the solaris one may be the same deal. For hpux, the fix is to manually edit the root.sh script and remove the -f option for chmod alias in the script (2 places), then re-run the root.sh script.

Best option is to realize that the script is wrong and fix it before you run it of course. Best solution is to check out info on oracle support for 9.2.0.6 and the known issues. Open a tar if you must. Unfortunately it seems like one has to force oracle to update the known issues the people answering the tars are motivated much more highly to close a tar than to take the heat from the oracle development side to make sure that everything is well documented.

If you don't have a support contract check out very carefully the syntax in root.sh and see if there is something fishy in there.

Why do these things not get found and fixed by quality assurance? In my mind there's not a good reason why the patchset's should install without issues. Or is oracle hinting that platforms such as hpux and sun are no longer important enough to do things carefully?

Does this help Christian? Send me an email directly if you need more info. Received on Thu Dec 30 2004 - 16:47:20 CST