Re: Moving data from one DB to another DB

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:26:39 GMT

I'll add standby database, as the best for the whole database, if time is of concern.

We've done this a few years back for 15+ db's when we switched data centers, with under 15 mins of 'maintenance window', plus some smart redirects from the old site (while DNS propogated around the world)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:16:05 GMT, netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:

>database link
>sqlplus copy (never used )
>3rd party tools
>
>On 28 Dec 2004 08:43:38 -0800, n_kselva_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to know what are the options available to move the data
>>may be as table or together as database or a subsystem to another
>>database apart from Export/Import.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Selva.

>We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes
>remove NSPAM to email

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Dec 29 2004 - 13:26:39 CST