Re: Can i restrict user to query database table after office time....

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 05:21:24 +1100

Gaurav wrote:
> HI group,
> I have doubt, can i restrict user to query database table after office time....
> Please suggestme solution...is solution possible in single query
> Please mailme at gb4u09_at_yahoo.com...

The suggestion to use a view that others have made is fine. It's cheap, it works, and it will require you to re-write your application code so that it knows to query the view and not the table directly. If that last minor detail is not possible, and if you are using the Enterprise Edition, then you could use Virtual Private Database (aka Row Level Security) to achieve the same thing, but without the need to re-write the application: add an RLS policy to the table which states 'if it's past 6pm, then go right ahead, else 1=2'.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Dec 29 2004 - 12:21:24 CST