Installing Oracle 10g by Neil Zanella

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr>
Date: 27 Dec 2004 05:03:59 -0800

Hi Neil Zanella,

I read your message but there seems to be a google bug on tracing back the thread.
You wrote that you had 256M of Ram. I installed Oracle with only 128M. But the whole point of tuning Oracle is to manage all the memory areas that come with the sga and the processes and parallel slaves. So definitively you should upgrade your machine to 2 Gigas. That's what I'm doing now but you might also want to test parallel processing. I am asking questions on various forums about the Intel Pentium 4 5xx family of multi-threading processors capabilities of handling Linux then Oracle parallelism.
If I get lucky enough to obtain a reply I'll keep you posted. Received on Mon Dec 27 2004 - 07:03:59 CST