Re: Select statement - to help with

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:20:39 -0800

Denis Do wrote:

> Hi Guys!
>
> Need your help:-)
> I have a query:
>
> SELECT TO_DATE('25-DEC-2004','DD-MON-RRRR') AS XMAS
> FROM 2004
> WHERE IS_MEMBER_OF_COMP_DATABASES_ORACLE_SERVER = 'YES';
>
> What type of drink should I use and what are right values
> of PCTFREE ad PCTUSED? :-)
>
> Merry Christmas to everyone, guys!
> Lets all our dreams come true in New Year as well.

I would suggest Everclear. It won't take too much of it to make your wish come true.

If you don't have some: http://www.webtender.com/db/ingred/71

Not having such ambitious plans I just had some Macallan and then built your table:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.3.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

SQL> create table "2004" (

   2 testcol varchar2(20));

Table created.

SQL> desc 2004
ERROR:
ORA-00931: missing identifier

SQL> desc "2004"

  TESTCOL                                            VARCHAR2(20)

SQL> You'll have to make a slight modification to your SQL statement to get it to work.

Happy holiday's all!

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington