How to put traditional Chinese text into Unicode Oracle 9i database via Internet Explorer

From: <bjwang_at_acs.com.tw>
Date: 22 Dec 2004 21:28:06 -0800

Hello wisers,

We are testing a system which is developed on top of Oracle 9iAS. The client PCs are using Internet Explorer to access the system. We are sure that the Oracle 9i database server is set to use Unicode. The Oracle 9i database server and Oracle 9iAS server are now running on English Windows 2000 server. With client PCs running on traditional Chinese Windows 2000 or traditional Chinese Windows XP, via Internet Explorer we put traditional Chinese text into the system then query the data again, it displays in inverted question marks.

  1. How to resolve the problem?
  2. Does the Internet Explorer View -> Code Unicode (UTF-8) setting controls content display as well as keyin?
  3. Or the system controls the code interpretation of keyin? Thanks,

Bruce Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 23:28:06 CST