Re: Oracle on Windows Server Vs Xp-Pro

From: Newton Bolton <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:57:18 -0600

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

>> application (on the server) needs to run Reports 6I to create PDF
>> reports for emailing, so that rules out Linux for now.

> I don't understand that comment.... are you saying that Reports 6i is
> not available in a Linux version? Or that you can't produce PDFs on Linux?
>
> The latter I know not to be the case. And the former... well, a quick
> trip to technet.oracle.com's download page reveals a Reports 6i Release
> 2 is available for SPARC Solaris, Windows NT/2000/XP ...and Linux.
>
> Am I missing your point, then?

Could be my ignorance of course. It runs deep and wide! ! I wasn't aware Dev6I ran on linux. Does it require a separate developer license, or can you develop on Linux under a Windows Dev6I license?? If it requires a separate developer license, then it wipes out all te savings of using Linux. Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 21:57:18 CST