mirroring vs. multiplexing

From: hastenthunder <hastenthunder_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:36:28 -0500

Hello,

Do I still need to multiplex control files and online redo files since our Linux box is being mirrored?

Oracle recommendation says yes, but I do not really understand the reasoning. Why would multiplexing the same file to different disks provide "more" fault-tolerance than disk mirroring?

Thanks Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 17:36:28 CST