Re: Scheduled batch process fail to connect to Oracle

From: <uzlanerv_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2004 10:29:13 -0800

Thank you all for reply.

Actually, problem is that if we run batch process from NT Scheduler, then MKS doesn't set USERNAME, HOMEPATH and HOMEDRIVE variables.

I think that's why we can't use

sqlplus /@<service>

since SYSTEM variable is not set then OS authenticated login can't be applied for login to Oracle.

We don't have real UNIX box, just MKS Unix emulator for Windows. That's why it is not CRON process, but Windows' scheduled one.

We can't put login information to the plu33 login to Oracle command, for security reason, but we're agreed to get it from an external file.

Now the problem is HOME variable is not set either. In this case MKS set current directory( where we starting our korn shell process from) as HOME.

Then profile.ksh is not started. We copied this file to our current directory, but it still falied.

Thank you.