ORA-12805 Errors

From: Don Seiler <don.seiler_at_cellcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:25:07 GMT

On Monday one of my developers was running horrible query that was supposed to be a join but he forgot to include the where clause. That query bombed with an ORA-12805 error about the parallel query dying. We don't explicitly have parallel query set up:

SQL> show parameter para

NAME TYPE VALUE
fast_start_parallel_rollback string LOW
log_parallelism integer 1

parallel_adaptive_multi_user boolean FALSE
parallel_automatic_tuning boolean FALSE
parallel_execution_message_size integer 2148
parallel_instance_group string
parallel_max_servers integer 5
parallel_min_percent integer 0
parallel_min_servers integer 0
parallel_server boolean FALSE
parallel_server_instances integer 1
parallel_threads_per_cpu integer 2
recovery_parallelism integer 0

Although the tables were created with the PARALLEL option (probably a horrible mistake).

Anyway what is really troubling is now we get this ORA-12805 error in a report query that runs nightly. Would the initial failure have triggered this cascade of errors? Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 10:25:07 CST