Listener question

From: kokoiski <kokoiski_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2004 04:22:27 -0800

Hi All,

I have 2 Oracle home 8i and 9i. I have two listener 8iListener and 9iListener on Windows 2000 server.

The 8iListener is disabled or set to manual in the Windows services but the 9iListener is set to automatic. No problem connecting to all the databases for 8i and 9i.

On the enterprise manager for 9i I can restart(shutdown/open) all the databases without a problem but on 8i when I tried to open the database using the enterprise manager for 8i after switching the Oracle home I cannot open the database no problem with shutdown but if I stop the 9iListener and start the 8iListener and shutdown/open the 8i databases again then everything is fined but when I switch the Oracle home to 9i and use enterprise manager for 9i I will get the same error if I will not stop the 8iListener and start the 9iListener. Any idea?

Thank you in advance. Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 06:22:27 CST