Re: Permissions required for create materialized view dynamically

From: Jack Addington <jaddington_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:49:55 GMT

As soon as I do a set role none; then I can't do anything. I get insufficient privs.

Here is a sample that shows what I am trying to do.

drop table test cascade constraints;

create table test (f1 number, f2 number);

ALTER TABLE EPM.TEST ADD CONSTRAINT TEST_PK PRIMARY KEY (f1)

ENABLE VALIDATE; insert into test values (1,2);

insert into test values (2,3);

commit;

select * from test;

create snapshot ss_test refresh FORCE on demand

as

select f1, f2 from test;

select * from ss_test;

drop snapshot ss_test;

declare

begin

execute immediate 'create view ss_test as select f1, f2 from test';

end;

/

select * from ss_test;

drop snapshot ss_test;

create or replace procedure proc_test_ss as

lv_Sql varchar2(1000);

begin

lv_sql := 'create view ss_test as select f1, f2 from test';

execute immediate lv_sql;

exception when others then raise_application_error(-20001,'arg - ' || sqlerrm);

end proc_test_ss;

/

execute proc_test_ss;

select * from ss_test;