ORA-01017: invalid username/password: Logon denied

From: HARI OM <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2004 12:17:43 -0800

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1L My ORACLE_HOME is /oracle/Oracle_Home2
and the USER:GROUP is ORAUSR:ORAGRP

I have one other OS User "larry" under group ORAGRP I created a new instance "LARRY" and am able to Log in to SQL Plus BUT when I try to log in to OEMAPP CONSOLE and enter same username/password (sys/***** as sysdba) it shows "ORA-01017: invalid username/password: Logon denied" BUT when I try SQL MOde it works just great: SQL> conn sys/***** as sysdba
Connected.

Can anyone tell me why I am able to LOG into SQL but NOT to Oracle Enterprise Manager (oemapp console)?

THANKS! HARI OM Received on Tue Dec 21 2004 - 14:17:43 CST