Using Oracle Forms in Portal

From: <eckerman_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2004 07:31:18 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I would like to use Oracle Forms in Portal. I've seen that you can link to Oracle Forms, but how can I have the Forms inline with Portal?

Say I have a survey I want the user to take, and I've created two Oracle Forms, one to take the users personal information, and another to ask a few questions.

The user logs into Portal, and then clicks a link to take a survey. They are taken to a portal page, and it has the Oracle Form displayed there, the user fills it out, then hits submit and is taken to the second Oracle Form, and then hits the final submit and the survey is saved.

The saving and so forth, I can handle. I just don't see how I can have a Oracle Form inline, so they stay in Portal. I hope this is making sense. :) Is there a Portlet out there that can handle this already, or would I need to write my own? If it has to be Java or PL/SQL, that is fine. I'm an expert in Java, and have a number of people to help me with PL/SQL.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. Received on Tue Dec 21 2004 - 09:31:18 CST