Re: auto-commit availabe like on sybase

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2004 06:28:49 -0800

In article <32qmjjF3pc9r3U1_at_individual.net>, Frank Zimmer says...

>Hi
>we have to migrate a database application from a powerbuilder sybase
>application to a web-based oracle application.
>
>Inside the sybase app you can setup some transactions without an
>explicit commit.
>Is that also possible with oracle ?

well, since there are dozens of technical differences between the two databases -- concurrency control, locking, transactions being the big ones and you have to review the entire suite of software for correctness (be especially careful to test MULTI-USER) - you can add the commits where appropriate at that time.

Unless powerbuilder has an "auto-commit" nasty 'feature', no, there is no way the database will commit after each statement. The client code must do this.

--
Thomas Kyte
Oracle Public Sector